Monday. The day where men separate from the boys. While the boys complain about a case of the "Mondays," the men are sipping on a cup of black coffee, grooming their beards, and getting ready to punch Monday right in the teeth.
Monday is the best day because it sets the tone for the rest of the week. See Monday as an opportunity to get better. A week started with passivity and gloom leads to an unproductive week. On the flip side of the coin, a week started aggressively with a fire in your belly to succeed... that changes things. That lets the week know who is boss.
What does my cheesy pep talk mean to you, the busy dad? Make a conscious decision to be aggressive about the start of the week. Schedule some tough meetings, errands, or chores for Monday to get them out of the way.
How to dominate Monday:
1. Eat a legit breakfast: coffee, protein, complex carbs (Think fiber), and some healthy fat.
2. WORKOUT. No excuses. Working out on Monday is Mandatory.
3. Schedule one of your harder tasks of the week for Monday.
4. Spend some time doing something fun with the family at some point.
5. It's all about the attitude. Decide to be aggressive and dominate the day, the week, and the year.